Guaranty Trust Bank or GT Bank is one of the leaders in online banking in Nigeria. Internet banking enables customers to perform banking transactions on-the-go to make life much easier.
1. What do I need to get started?
Ans: To access the GTBank Internet Banking Services, you must have your login details (User ID and Password).
2. How do I obtain my User ID and Password?
Ans: Your account was automatically profiled for this service at the time of account opening and should have been sent to you via email.
If you have not received your login details, please visit www.gtbank.com and click on the ‘’REGISTER’’ button on the internet banking tab or dial *737*6*5# from your registered phone number with the bank.
*Kindly note that the Password must be changed within 2 hours of receiving same.
3. Will I have 24/7 access to the GTBank Internet Banking Services?
Ans. Except during scheduled maintenance periods, our Internet Banking services can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from anywhere in the world. It is simply the 3600 banking experience.
4. What accounts can I access online?
Ans. You will have access to all your accounts domiciled in Guaranty Trust Bank.
If you are unable to view all your accounts, kindly contact our fully interactive call center GTCONNECT or visit any of our branches.
5. What type of transactions can I conduct on the Internet Banking Platform?
Ans. Basic transactions: (These services are automatically profiled)
1. Balance enquiry
2. View transaction details
3. View and download & print account statements
4. Update personal details
5. Password change
Cash based transactions: (These functions are enabled on request only)
1. Transfer funds to your account and others domiciled in GTBank & other beneficiaries in other banks
2. Pay utility bills
3. Request for cash and draft in transit
4. Cheque book request, confirm and stop a cheque
5. Standing order to GTBank and other Banks
6. I have forgotten my Password what should I do?
Ans. If you have forgotten your Password you can call our contact center (GTConnect) on 0700 GTCONNECT (0700 482666328), 234-1-4480000, 08029002900 or 08039003900
For Password reminder you will be required to select option 3 on the menu to request for your current Password to be to be sent to the registered email address in our records.
Alternatively, you can visit our website www.gtbank.com and follow these steps below:
1. Locate the Internet Banking tab and click on the ‘’login’’ button
2. Enter your user ID and select the “Forgot your Password” link.
3. You will be directed to the Password reminder page.
4. Enter the answer to your secret question and select the ‘continue button’.
5. For security reasons you are advised to safeguard your Password.
If you have been locked out following 3 unsuccessful logon attempts, you will be required to call contact center (GTConnect) on 0700 GTCONNECT (0700 482666328), 234-1-4480000, 08029002900 or 08039003900 and select 2 & 0 to speak to an Agent.
*Following authentication, your Password will be re-set and a new one sent to your registered email address. You are advised to safeguard your login details to prevent unauthorized access to your account.
7. How can I change my Internet Banking Password?
Ans. To change your default Password to one that you can easily remember you will need to:
1. Sign in to your account and click the “Self-Service” link in the left navigation bar
2. Locate the “Change your Password” menu and click on it
3. Key in your default/current Password and input a new Password thereafter.
4. Re-input the new Password and then click the “submit” button.
5. A confirmation page will then indicate whether the change was successful.
The new Password takes effect the next time you logon to the internet banking platform.
Should you require further assistance, please call our Contact Centre (GTConnect) on 0700 GTCONNECT (0700 482666328), 234-1-4480000, 08029002900 or 08039003900 and follow the voice prompts
8. How often can I change my Password?
Ans. You can change it as often as you want. However, we recommend that you change it periodically to prevent unauthorized access to your account.
If you are using a publicly accessed computer such as an Internet café or public library, your Password must be changed immediately.
9. How often can I transfer funds?
Ans. Funds transfer can be effected 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from the comfort of your home or office. The daily maximum cumulative daily transfer limit is set at =N=6,500,000 (Six Million Five Hundred Naira only) per Customer.
The daily limit however does not apply for own account transfer or where beneficiaries are pre-registered on the Internet banking platform as Account Holders enjoy the privilege of setting the required limit per beneficiary.
To guard against unauthorized transactions, account holders will be required to provide a transaction code generated from either their hardware token or the USSD token (*737*7#) in order to complete the transaction.
10. What are the types of transfers?
Ans. There are 3 types of transfers:
- Own account Transfer: Transfers between your various accounts e.g. from current account to savings account
- Transfer to GTBank Account: Transfers from any of your accounts to any other GTBank account.
- Transfer to Other Banks: Transfers from any of your accounts to other Nigerian bank accounts could be any of the following: Instant, NEFT or NAPS.
11. What is a Token?
Ans. It is a security device used to generate transaction codes for third party transfers via our Internet Banking platform and other e-channels. The transaction codes are used to authenticate and authorize transactions on your account.
Such transactions include: Transfer to any GTBank account, Transfers to other bank accounts etc. and for these, customers will require a token.
You can get a hardware token at any GTBank branch at a cost of N2,100 (VAT exclusive) OR dial *737*7# for a USSD token. Each USSD session costs N10 OR via GTCONNECT (cost to be borne by customer) for NRN customers.
12. What is a transaction code?
Ans. A transaction code is a randomly generated security number from your token that will enable you complete your transactions online.
13. I have forgotten my secret question and answer. What do I do?
Ans. If you have forgotten your secret answers and are unable to access the service, please visit www.gtbank.com and follow the steps below:
Forgot secret question:
1. Enter your user ID on the login page and select the ‘’forgot your secret question’’ link
2. An secret question will be sent via email to the registered email address in our records
Forgot secret answer:
1. Enter your user ID and Password on the login page
2. Select the self-service menu and click on the ‘’Reset Secret Question and Answer” link
3. Input the required details and click the ‘’submit’’ button for the reset to take effect.
Please note that the new secret question and answer will not take effect until after 3 hours. You can also visit any of our branches or call GTCONNECT for a reset.
14. How long does it take for the beneficiary to receive the funds?
Ans. Funds are received instantly unless you used the NEFT transfer option wherein transfers are effected same day if sent before 12pm and next day if effected after 12pm.
15. How secure is my transaction?
Ans. The safety and confidentiality of customers’ personal information is our top priority. The security system makes use of the latest in technologies, standards, and business practices to guarantee customer security including:
- 128 bit data encryption between your computer and internet banking system
- Keypad for PIN entry to guard against Password cloning
- The use of a token generated code to complete a transaction
- Secret questions and answers which are encrypted
- User ID and Password